Northfield is our first community built to LEED Gold Standards in Fort Collins.
What does this mean?
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, which is a green building rating system that is recognized worldwide. To achieve a LEED certification, a project earns points based on how the community meets specific criteria for sustainability and environmentally friendly practices. There are four LEED categories:
1. Platinum: 80+ points earned
2. Gold: 60-79 points earned
3. Silver: 50-59 points earned
4. Certified: 40-49 points earned
At Northfield, we are built to LEED Gold standards and the following are the highlights of our LEED Gold certification:
- Water-efficient fixtures
- Homes consume 10-15% less energy than allowed by code
- Highly-efficient LED lighting
- Each home has 1 kW of photovoltaics (solar energy)
- ENERGY STAR appliances
- Built and verified for extended durability
- Recycled content in floor coverings and insulation
- Employed material-efficient framing methods
- Energy Recovery Ventilators for fresh air
- MERV 10 air filters
- Smart thermostats
- Low VOC paintings & coatings
- Electric car charging station
- 240V outlet in the garage for electric car charging
Interested in seeing Northfield - Discovery or Northfield - Flats for yourself? Call Kendra at 970-632-6385 to schedule a tour.